Tracy Morgan and Meghan Wollover

Tracy Morgan Recovering For Wedding Day, ‘I Want To Walk My Wife Down The Aisle’

Tracy Morgan has a steep path to full recovery. His biggest motivation for getting better — his fiancée, Megan Wollover, and his 23-month-old baby girl, Maven.

As previously reported by the Inquisitr, Tracy Morgan talked to Matt Lauer on the Today Show in his first interview since last year. The former SNL and 30 Rock star looked the same, except for a cane and some mild head scars, but he explained he still had a ways to go.

“There are times where I have my good day and my bad days, where I forget things. There are times where I get the headaches, and the nose bleeds. I won’t even let my lady know because I don’t want her to be worried about it.”

Tracy Morgan told People Magazine that he’s about “75 percent” back to normal and he’s got a great reason for getting through the remaining 25 percent.

“I want to walk my wife down the aisle. I am determined to play with my little daughter and chase her around. All of those things [are] what keeps me going.”

Tracy Morgan’s fiancée has been a big part of the recovery process, sticking with him the entire time. He plans to marry Wollover in August, calling it the “cherry on top of the cake” to get himself rehabilitated.

He had a lot of other appreciation to share too, thanking everyone from the drivers in the limousine to the helicopter people who rushed him to the hospital.

He explained that he could not actually remember the accident that killed his friend James McNair; he only remembers seeing the faces of his fiancée and daughter.

The accident, where a Walmart heavy vehicle slammed into Tracy Morgan’s limousine, led to a heated lawsuit between the comedian and the giant retailer. That conflict has seen calmed down, and Morgan appreciated that Walmart took full responsibility in the end and made a special note of it with Lauer.

Morgan said case is now settled, but “the pain is always going to be there for Jimmy Mac.”

Nevertheless, the comedian is looking forward to the future.

“I have a lot to look forward to: I look forward to [her] first day of school, I look forward to being married. I look forward to my son going to college this September.”

In addition to his baby girl, Morgan has three sons from his last marriage.

Even with all the love he expressed to the people around him, Tracy Morgan didn’t forget his fans, saying, “I can’t wait to make them laugh again.”

[Image Credit: Getty Images]

Comments