Plastic surgery rises again this year in the US
When we think of plastic surgery we will usually think first of people like Joan Rivers, Michael Jackson, or that crazy ass lady who wants to look just like Barbie but the fact is that a lot of people get plastic surgery for all kinds of legitimate reasons as well.
From women who have had to have breast cancer surgery to people who have been in accidents that left them disfigured plastic surgery is a way for them to have a more normal life but at the same time we are seeing things like breast augmentation remain the most popular operation followed closely by facelifts.
Even though we might be recovering from an economic crisis there seems to have been enough money somewhere because plastic surgery saw yet another increase, 5 percent, over last year with a total of 13.8 million procedures being done in the US in 2011.
- Some of the procedures that saw an increase include:
- Facelifts – made it to the top five list since 2004
- Breast augmentation increased by four percent over 2010 with 307,000 procedures done
- Lip augmentation rose by 49%
- Double chin reduction for men doubled
If this keeps up we could all end up looking like lucky Joan in the not too distant future.