Gran Turismo 5 getting new DLC, update 2.02 this week
If you’re still knee-deep in Polyphony Digital’s Gran Turismo 5 and are looking for a new set of cars to race around the game’s array of tracks, you’ll be pleased to know that the next Gran Turismo 5 DLC pack is set for release this week.
Car Pack 2, as it’s called, adds in four new rides: the 2011 Mini Cooper S, 2010 Volkswagen Golf VI R, 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R, and the all-new (incredibly sexy) 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition R35.
In related good news for Gran Turismo 5 fans, Sony announced that Gran Turismo 5 update 2.02 will be arriving this week as well. The update addresses a few bugs, introduces a few improvements and adds a free car: the 2012 Toyota FT-86.
Here are the Gran Turismo 5 update 2.02 features, courtesy of Sony:
- Users can now change wheels on Standard cars
- The settings sheets will include a new ‘copy’ feature
- In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application
- Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update)
- Pressing the Square button in the car coupon selection screen of the Car Delivery will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once, rather than doing one at a time
- In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the Square button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the Triangle button will bring up the drivers list
- In My Lounge, the room settings will feature a new ‘Max. number of participants’ setting
- In the event selection screen of seasonal events, there are now ☆(star) marks that show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event
- Improved racing sound effects
- Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been tweaked