Insomniac Games sent out a tweet today to inform Resistance 3 players that a new patch is due out as soon as tomorrow, and with it will bring a host of fixes and improvements, as well as two new maps at no cost to you.
Among the improvements featured in the patch is enhanced network performance, improvements to team balancing, and improvements to controls using the Move peripheral. The two new totally free maps that will be made available in the patch are Creek, a sixteen player map, and The Granary, a four player map.
If that’s not enough for you, Insomniac Games will also be offering an enhanced XP weekend in celebration of the fifth patch. More specifically, you’ll be able to earn five times the normal amount of experience, so this weekend will be a good opportunity to level up if you need to.
For the full list of changes in Resistance 3 patch 1.05, see below.
– Updated Network error messages
– Several performance updates to fix network lag
– Improved load times for friends list
– Refined Hero movement for improved network syncing
– Fixed issues related to the game host quitting out of a private game
– The host will no longer lose the ability to start the game after completing a match and returning to the lobby
– Players will no longer be put into a Team deathmatch game while searching for Deathmatch or Deathmatch Small
– Searching Deathmatch Small with a party of five or more will no longer cause the “Finding Game” screen to loop until the player backs out.
– Improved team balancing
– Cleaned up overlapping text fields in the UI
– The icon for “Double Bird” is now consistant across all menues
– Fixes to the HUD while playing in Immersive mode
– Party is no longer allowed to create and enter a game with no opposing team
– The party leader of parties with 3 players will can no longer result in the party leader being put into the staging screen while the rest of the party is disbanded.
– All equipment and abilities are now purchasable at level 60
– Players will no longer spawn invisible to other players
– Suicides award enemies kills if the player is still wounded from their damage
– Abilities will no longer lose functionality if they activate the ability at the same moment that they dies
– Split screen players will no longer be on seperate teams
– Players bodies will no longer hold onto weapons after being killed
– Change to Chain Reaction final node time
– Leaper Corpse will now spawn fewer leapers
– The bubble shield will now disapear when the EMP is used against it.
– Dash now gives more consistent feedback when the player is unable to use it
– The players head will no longer vanish when killed while performing a taunt
– Assassin no longer displays the user as a friendly on the radar for DM games
– Players will no longer lose berserks and abilities after playing a number of match making games
– The player will no longer spawn with different genades than what was placed in the primary slot through grenadier
– The mutators secondary’s will deal damage regardless of the surface to which it is applied
– Marksman turrets will function properly regardless of the surface to which it is applied
– Wildfire lock-on disabled in between shots in MP
– Misc art, collision and volume fixes
– Localization fixes and updates
– Improved the Move’s aim mechanic
– Several bug and crash fixes
– Co-op player can now watch videos normally
– Fixes to progression stopping issues while playing campaign in co-op
– Fixed the loading screen for 3D
– Tracker footprints now appear for both eyes
– Misc fixes to campaign
– Remnant levels have been corrected
– Improvements to the UI