West Indies vs India cricket

India Suspends All Future Cricket Tours To The West Indies

India has decided to suspend all future cricketing tours to the West Indies after all the existing players of the West Indies Cricket Team withdrew from the ongoing series being played in India. the Inquisitr had reported yesterday about the future of the West Indies cricket team being in trouble after a pay row between the players and the management resulted in the tour to India being called off mid-way. According to the BBC, India has decided to take action against the West Indies cricket board and had called off all future tours by India to the West Indies in retaliation.

The ongoing series between The West Indies and India was supposed to include five one day internationals, one twenty-twenty format game and three test matches. When the pay dispute boiled over only three one day internationals had been played. The series was won by India 2-1. The Indian captain MS Dhoni was however not handed over the winner’s trophy since the series was left incomplete. One of the one day international ties had to be abandoned without play after adverse weather conditions caused by cyclone HudHud did not let play happen.

“They have withdrawn their team and this [development] has come abruptly. We received an email from Richie Richardson, the West Indies team manager, only this [Friday] morning,” Board of Control for Cricket in India secretary Sanjay Patel told ESPNcricnfo.

India’s decision to withdraw from all future tours to the West Indies means that the planned tour to the Caribbean in February and March 2016 stands jeopardized. This however should not be cause of much concern to the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) because there is considerable time for them to sort out the mess they find themselves in. A statement released by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) said that all tours between the two countries “stand suspended.”

Earlier, the Inquisitr had reported that the Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) was planning to claim damages of $65 million from the West Indies Cricket Board. It is unclear at this stage whether they are still pursuing that option.

[Image Via Wikimedia Commons]

Comments