As someone with a little high school teaching experience, I can tell you it doesn’t take long for hilariously awful student work examples to pile up. Case in point: in my own classroom, I once had a student essay where one character threatened to “whip” another one after school. Unfortunately, the author of that fine piece chose to spell the revealing sentence like this: “He said, ‘I’ll wipe your butt good.'”
1. I was wondering if you had any time on Monday were we could meet to go over my final history paper. I have finished all of the revisions that I would make at this time and I want to make sure that it does not make sense.
2. Medicine is now personalised to the person just by looking at their gnome.
3. War has some unfortunate side effects. Some are life threatening. An unfortunate side effect of war that is life threatening is dead people.
4. Hitler had a strong bong with his followers.
5. The Jim Crow laws were simply put in place to provide African Americans of sense of belonging.
6. Hannibal took a bunch of elephants through the Alps and totally pwned Rome.
7. Puritanism was popular with the young people. This can be proven by looking at America, which was new then.
8. Philosophy tends to be extremely unbiased and therefore doesn’t take any side in an argument, like how theology takes the side of reason or how science believes in scientology.
9. While the author’s identity being unknown makes the validity of the article questionable, the fact that the webpage appears at the top when typing ‘miley cyrus vma’ into Google search strengthens the argument that female singers are still at times treated worse then males in the music industry.
10. The Axis powers were Imperial Japan, Fascism Italy, and Naziland.
11. Young adults are usually know to be in the mindset as much information that I know about someone the better off I is.
12. in other words I don’t think that heterosexual parents are bad but I think that gay or lesbian shouldn’t be a lack of hate but should be treated like any human bean in this plant.
13. The same thing that is happening here with marijuana is also fairly similar to how the south was during slavery.
14. Critics note that the model is limited by its strict chronological structure. However, those critics are mostly Asian, and therefore biased.
15. My favorite type of genre is twerk music which is classify as hiphop. I think I love twerk music because it makes me dance n I love to move.
16. It’s appears that generally men with high intelligence have lots of hair, but that doesn’t mean all intelligent men are hairy. Einstein was smooth like a cue-ball.
17. I don’t agree I need to work on my speling and grammer, an I don’t I need to ‘development my argumens’ more. I deserve a ‘A’ on my essay because ‘effort’ starts with the letter ‘A’ an I really gave my all.
18. The barrier of gender roles has been set since the beginning of time. I’m not sure if women will try to stand up and take over the leading role, or they know their position and are going to stay there… Maybe there will be a period where both genders are equal for a while before something drastic changes in society. No one would ever think that women might contain more power than men in the future.
19. The fact that guns will never be taken away is the truth especially when people all across the country hunt for their food with guns if the United States took the guns away people would starve and most likely die.
20. The Middle Eastern countries are stereotyped and misunderstood and we need to work on understanding their cultures. Just as an example, it is important to remember the differences between Islamics and Muslims, and how not all of them believe in Allah or Arabism.
Do these student work examples make you want to weep for humanity? Which ones were the most embarrassing? Share your thoughts below.
[Image via ShutterStock]