AC: Unity and Far Cry 4 are among the lineup for Ubisoft’s conference at E3 2014, alongside others we haven’t heard much about since they were announced. With the release of Watch Dogs finally here in a week alongside a new launch trailer, we can officially cross the adventures of Aiden Pearce off the list.
Several major games will get public updates when this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo hits, and it’s expected that we’ll see a lot more trailers and details released. Among the expected are Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Destiny, and Halo 5, while some new announcements might be made, like possibly Mortal Kombat 10 (or Mortal Kombat X Street Fighter).
— Ubisoft (@Ubisoft) May 22, 2014
The following titles have been confirmed for Ubisoft’s portion of the event:
- AC: Unity – Formerly known as Assassin’s Creed 5, Unity will feature yet another completely new storyline surrounding an assassin who has to pull off some jobs during the French Revolution. Not much is known about the game so far, though its last generation cousin Assassin’s Creed: Comet is said to follow a Templar who happens to be friends with AC4 star Edward Kenway’s son.
- Far Cry 4 – The recently controversial box art has already made waves over its imagery, but the upcoming open world adventure set deep in the Himalayas has still been highly anticipated. Much like the latest Assassin’s Creed for the Xbox One and PS4, not much is known beyond the basic synopsis involving an Indian who has to take on a despotic overlord (Pagan Min) in his home country.
- Tom Clancy’s The Division – The US has become exceedingly vulnerable following a viral outbreak on Black Friday. The Strategic Homeland Division, of which you play a part, is being tasked with reviving what remains after the nation’s resulting collapse.
- The Crew – Ubisoft’s much-delayed racing game is set to turn the entire US into an open world illegal race circuit. Much like their other games, it aims for realism and includes forest roads, desert roads, and corn fields in the appropriate locations. It is also expected to involve multiplayer modes with racers and pit crews.
- Valiant Hearts: The Great War – This is a more light-hearted game in the E3 2014 lineup. It is a puzzle adventure game inspired by letters written during World War I, where four soldiers work together to help a young German find his lost love. This is certainly new territory for the team behind Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends.
Other titles are planned to be revealed at Ubisoft’s conference, but AC: Unity and Far Cry 4 are easily the most anticipated at this point.