Posted in: News

Puerto Rico Fencer Hit With 26 New Child Porn ‘Sextortion’ Charges

Puerto Rico Sextortionist

A Puerto Rico “sextortion” case against a former member of commonwealth’s national fencing team reached a total of 58 cases, as Jimmy Carballo Colon was hit with another 26 counts of “production of child pornography,” the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement investigative unit announced last week.

The child porn charges arise from a “sextortion” operation Colon ran, in which he would trick underage women into posing nude via the internet, then threaten to post images and videos of them on pornographic web sites if they refused to perform additional sexual acts on camera.

According to information made public by the ICE, Carballo was arrested a year ago after he contacted a 17-year-old Colorado girl through an anonymous video chat web site. Carballo offered the teen “game points” for removing her clothes while on a webcam. But the 25-year-old, who lived with his mother in the Puerto Rico town of Caguas, recorded the girl posing nude.

He then threatened that he would post the nude video on the internet if she did not continue to strip nude for him and perform sex acts, following his command. He also demanded her her phone number, email address, Skype address and Facebook account.

To prove his point, Carballo gave the Colorado girl an internet link to a pornographic web site. When she visited the site, she saw that he had already posted a sexually explicit video of her there.

“I have enough of the devil inside me to ruin your life completely,” Carballo told the teen, according to the Otago Daily Times, a newspaper in New Zealand.

According to the New Zealand report, authorities believe that among Carballo’s other victims were 15 and 16-year-old girls from Australia.

U.S. Attorney Rosa Emilia Rodriguez said Friday that Carballo’s other victims were located in numerous states including New York, Texas, California and North Carolina, as well as foreign countries such as Australia, Canada and Finland, the Associated Press reported.

The ICE has so far found 58 victims of the Puerto Rico-based accused sextortionist. Their names have not been made public of course, and they are identified only as Jane Doe Number One through Jane Doe Number 58.

Carballo was a member of the Puerto Rico fencing team that competed in the 2007 Pan-American Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, the Primera Hora news web site reported. He was working as a camp counselor in Puerto Rico at the time of his arrest last year.

Articles And Offers From The Web

Comments

One Response to “Puerto Rico Fencer Hit With 26 New Child Porn ‘Sextortion’ Charges”