Videogame sales body The NPD Group has just confirmed that Call of Duty: Black Ops has now sold more copies in the U.S. than any other game ever.
Though it’s yet to spill exact figures, the shooter topped the U.S. sales charts for February, and surged past Nintendo’s Wii Play to the top of the all-time sales list:
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3, Wii, Xbox 360)
2. Wii Play (Wii)
3. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360)
4. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2, Xbox)
5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3, Xbox 360)
6. Wii Fit (Wii)
7. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
8. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3, Xbox 360, DS)
9. Madden NFL 07 (PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox, PS2, PSP, DS, GC, GBA, Wii)
10. Call of Duty: World at War (PS3, Xbox 360, DS, Wii)female writer/poet sites, etc.
This happy news for Activision shareholders comes after it was revealed Black Opsbecame the quickest game to make $1 billion in December 2010.
[Via press release]